Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Camel Cart Ride

My second goal was to ride on a camel. Well, we didn't get to actually get ON him but we did take a camel cart through a village and up what they refer to as a 'mountain' here. But, trust me, even Iowa has bigger 'mountains' than these.

The ride was fun, although the village rather hard to see. The poverty here is probably the most abysmal I've seen in my travels. We didn't get to talk with any of the village people, other than the waiter in the restaurant at the top of the hill, so it's hard to know how they view their world.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Tammy Nicks said...

Hello Nancy
Wow, two goals met.. what a cool feeling. It sounds like so much fun.. If you can would you send a recipe of you favorite dish from India.. I would love to see it..maybe even try it..
Well today is a new day in America for sure.. New President..Wow..!
Here is my thought on this.

Amidst the ever changing winds of life
May you always have
Love to share
Health to spare
& Friends that care.

Be careful and enjoy each day.
Love Tammy

Followers

About Me

My photo
Retired nurse practitioner living each moment as if it were her last one....because each one very well may be!